23 noviembre, 2017 por englishvillaeuropa
nutrition, energy, carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, organs, systems: circulatory, digestive, excretory, respiratory, artery/ies, blood, capillary/ies, circulation, heart, vein, bronchus (sing.)/bronchi (plural), lungs, nose, trachea, inhalation, exhalation, oxygen, waste substance, kidneys, bladder, urethra, urine, pollutants, toxic substances, cigarette smoke
– Through nutrition, we obtain the nutrients and energy we need to live. Nutrition involves four processes: digestion, respiration, circulation and excretion.
– Blood transports nutrients, oxygen and waste substance. It travels through blood vessels: arteries, veins and capillaries.
– The function of the heart is to pump blood to make it travel through the blood vessels.
– Respiration is a process carried out by the respiratory system. The respiratory system is made up of the nose, the trachea, the bronchi and the lungs.
– Excretion also involves the skin. We expel waste substance from blood through sweat.